Mercedes Forums
How to Stop Telemarketers Calling: 3 Effective Methods - Printable Version

+- Mercedes Forums (http://mercedesforums.com.au)
+-- Forum: General Mercedes Benz (http://mercedesforums.com.au/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: arrrr HELP ! Technical / Workshop repair section (http://mercedesforums.com.au/forum-36.html)
+---- Forum: Bodywork (http://mercedesforums.com.au/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: How to Stop Telemarketers Calling: 3 Effective Methods (/thread-8350.html)

How to Stop Telemarketers Calling: 3 Effective Methods - Ovemoexedge - 10-20-2016

One of the most annoying things in the world is being constantly interrupted while you're at home (especially if it's during dinner or your favorite TV show) by telemarketers calling you to sell you useless stuff you don't want, right? Right. Well, after years of being harassed, my friends and I have together Job Interviews Give Them What They Want To Hear come up with several very effective little methods of dealing with them that I'm going to share with you today.

There are a few simple things you can do to put a stop to 98% of this nonsense:

1. Get a phone with caller ID on it (almost all have it now), the How to Put Romance Back Into Your Marriage caller ID service is usually provided free of charge with your phone line. Most telephones can be programmed to block calls from any Technique Guideline For Replacing An Ford Radio "unknown" or blocked number, so just check your phone's manual and set it up to do that--that right there will stop the majority of telemarketers from calling you since most of them Tip For Buying Counter Height Kitchen Tables For The Home are now using blocked numbers because they know people won't answer if they see a 1-800 number on their Trouble Getting The Secret To Work For You? - I Discovered T caller ID (and most people have caller-ID-capable phones now).

2. Don't try to reason with a telemarketer: what the companies do is they keep a list of the most common objections and excuses people use and then they come up with a response for each one of them gfjurtbd and turn it into a list of such responses that their telemarketers have to Weighing The Odds For Reversal Vasectomy: Thoughts To Ponder memorize so they can use them on you if you use one of Hilary Duff Tickets - More Acting Stuff For Hilary Duff these common objections.

Instead, I recommend beating them at their own game by coming up with a scripted objection of your own that you just keep repeating, I recommend "I'm not interested. Best of luck with your next call." Do this 2 or 3 times in a row and they should get the hint and move on.

3. I saved the most effective one for last: register your phone(s) on the U.S. government's 'Do Not Call' registry, you The Importance of Residential Security Systems can do that at their official site here: DoNotCall.gov. Most (not all) telemarketers will not be able to call you after your number has been on this registry for at least 31 days. It's completely free and you can register your home or mobile (cell) phone or both.

There are certain organizations that are exempt from the Do-Not-Call registry and can still call you even after you've registered with it, those are: charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors (poll-takers) as well as companies with which you have an existing business relationship (e.g. you owe them money, such as a credit card company), or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing 7 Fantastic And Free Ways To Get Traffic To Your Website Or to receive their calls.

Oftentimes, telemarketers will block their number thereby making it difficult to determine if it's them or someone you actually want to talk to. See my resource box below to learn how to unblock the Different Paraphernalia Used In Performing Magic number to see who's calling you.

There are services that can be used to unblock blocked numbers, some of which are free of charge, I highly recommend UTI Treatment And Prevention you check out this article on how to unblock a phone number if you'd like to know about how to do that and who can provide that sort of service.